Arts Well CIC is a social enterprise, established to champion the role of the arts and creativity in promoting health and wellbeing.
Our services include:
- participatory creative activities in the community
- creative programmes for care homes
- creative projects for health and social care organisations
- training, CPD, advice and support
There is good and growing evidence of the benefits of participation in creative activity on physical, mental, social and emotional health. Participation in the creative act involves exercising choice and control, which many people feel they lack, especially if they are experiencing poor health. Taking part in creative activities can often plant the seeds for future change and possibility, and remind people of their abilities.
- Singing, music and creative movement activities are known to be especially beneficial for people with dementia and other neurological conditions
- Participation in arts and crafts and creative writing sessions shows positive effects for people experiencing mental health challenges
- Creative arts provide new means of expression for people whose senses are failing or who struggle to express themselves verbally
We work with organisations, large and small, to develop projects and programmes that respond to identified needs. We take an outcomes-based approach and are keen to use co-production models in the development of our work.
We have an extensive knowledge of the arts and health sector, with experience of working at both strategic and practical levels.
If you would like to know more please click here